Less cold, more heat, good firewood is hard to beat!
As we enter mid October, thoughts of a fireside with my master and my favorite toy fill my doggie brain. Firewood is measured by the “cord”. Did you know the term cord, was first used in 1610? In the same era as William Shakespeare and Galileo….crazy. Just a few facts about firewood:
* A cord of firewood is 128 cubic feet; 1/2 cord is 64 cubic feet and 1/4 is 32 cubic feet.
*Our firewood is 16″ split (that’s the length) and seasoned (it’s ready to burn)
* Hard firewood will burn hotter and longer, than soft firewood. We carry Oak and Almond, both are hard woods.
*A 1/4 cord will fit in a short bed truck, a 1/2 cord will fit in a full size pick up.
* Firewood can be picked up at Valley Rock or you can contact my master and schedule a delivery.
* Always start your fire with kindling. Bundles of kindling are available right in my masters sales office!
* Be sure you keep your fireplace clean, and store your firewood off the ground.
And don’t forget to keep your favorite pets and people warm this season. Happy digging!