Fire Safe = Neighbor Friendly
Fire Safety is a year round event for us Californians. Fire Safety is not only smart, but will also increase the value of your property. And that my fellow neighbors is good news for all. As far as us dogs are concerned, what ever makes my owners happy, makes me even happier.
* Prune, clean and clear your property year round. Not only is it fire smart, but it will reduce the rodent and insect population.
* Create firebreaks with hardscaping. Add a path made of flagstone, a patio or courtyard installed with Calstone pavers or even design in a moss rock wall to add dimension.
* Install a water feature. A pondless feature with a rock stream, a fountain accented by Mexican Pebble, or a full pond with fish. It will cover more area up in your yard, provide a pleasant sound, and more importantly a drinking spot for me!
* Decrease soil erosion with installation of rock, stone or any other hardscape on all open ground areas. This will also decrease water run off in the winter. And fire safety in our dry months.
* If you reside on a large piece of property, 30 feet of clearance is suggested. Eliminate fire ladders by trimming the bottom of trees, mow frequently, group plants together and cover up the ground. Fire fuel is not our friend.
But most of all be a good neighbor (I know I am). What one home does (or does not do) can effect all the others. Happy Digging!